--On Friday, May 08, 2009 14:56:34 -0500 Christopher Sean Hilton <ch...@vindaloo.com> wrote:

In the map files you'll need to make sure that the rfs entry matches
the directory tree that foobar.utdallas.edu is exporting. e.g. if you
would manually mount the directory under FreeBSD like this:

      # mount_nfs -o tcp,intr,nodev,nosuid foobar.utdallas.edu:/home/
pschmehl /home/pschmehl

I can mount my homedir this way:
# mount_nfs foobar.utdallas.edu:/home/003/p/pa/pauls /mnt/unix_home

I assume this means that this should work:
rfs:=/home/003/p/pa/${key}

And then I cd to /Home/pauls (there's a section in my amd.conf file named [/Home] that has a corresponding map file amd.home which contains the syntax for mapping the drive.

# cat /etc/amd.conf | grep -A3 Home
[/Home]
map_type        =nfs
map_name        =amd.home
mount_type      =autofs

# cat /etc/amd.home
/defaults       type:=nfs;opts:=tcp,intr,nodev,nosuid,umount,vers=3 \
               rhost:olympus.utdallas.edu;rfs:=/home/003/p/pa/${key}

*               fs=${autodir}/${key}

But that fails with a directory does not exist error.

But I can already map my home drive manually. What I'm trying to figure out is how to use our ldap server to mount my home drive so that when/if it gets moved again (which happens occasionally) it will still mount and not break.

The Linux construction is:
ldap //rhost/nismapname=auto_home,ldap_base,nfsvers=3,proto=tcp. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get from that syntax to the amd syntax. But since I can't even automount my home using what I thought was the right syntax for amd, I guess I need to figure that out first.

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst