From: owner-freebsd-questi...@freebsd.org <owner-freebsd-questi...@freebsd.org>
To: FreeBSD Users <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Wed Jun 17 12:18:07 2009
Subject: Gateway load balance

Hi all

First time posting.

I am a long time Linux user (desktop and server) and started with FreeBSD a year ago. Thanks to the book Absolute FreeBSD 2nd Edition I learned a lot about the OS and how to configure different services I used in Linux (Slackware).

My post is regarding something I couldn't find information on how to implement it. Here's the situation:

I had a proxy server (Squid + Dansguardian) under Slackware on the LAN which, via 'ip route' I make it use 3 gateways connected each one to an ADSL line and balance the requests. Unfortunately my server crashed and I took the oportunity to install a new one under FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE. Squid and Dansguardian are working fine. My problem is that I don't know how to make the server use the other 2 gateways I have left and balance the requests on all ADSL lines.

192.168.10.9/16                      proxy
192.168.10.2/16 1st gateway (1 NIC to LAN - 2 NIC to ADSL modem)
192.168.30.100/16                 2nd gateway
192.168.30.1/16                      3rd gateway

I found it could be done with PF (also read most of The Book of PF) but I am quite lost about how to do it.

Thanks in advance

Raúl I. Becette

1.0pt 0in'>
"This email is intended to be reviewed by only the intended recipient
 and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential.
 any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email
 and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited.  If you have
 received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by
 return email and delete this email from your system."