for the dedicated nerds on-list now on the weekend, i just edited [[ this
is my LAST edit ]] of  ``slicejourney.php''.  it goes away in ten days.

i have another issue that has more to do with freebsd on the new and
lost cost notebook computers i had heard of.   how many and which ones
work best with our flavor of BSD.  turns out that sometimes things-ubuntu
fail, and i need something failsafe and with a keyboard.  i'll explain
later, but if i can use a lightweight computer that has audio with the
kde apps, i can create a reasonably priced tts or speech synthesizer that
would be accessible to a great many people.  instead of the $8-9 kilobuck
windose devs.

anybody know?

--
 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix