On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 12:10:52AM -0800, BSD baby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Browser-based apps are what I do, all day.
>
> And Opera is the best, by far:
>
> http://www.opera.com/products/desktop/?platform=freebsd
>
> FreeBSD native.  Fast. Small. Wonderful font-rendering.
> Totally HTML/XML standards-compliant, etc.
>
> If you use the web all day, it's worth paying the $39 USD
> to these nice people up in Norway who made this great browser.
>
> (To show my support, I bought 10 FreeBSD licenses.)

I declined my plan to buy licence after I discovered that
linux-opera runs under linux emulation faster and takes ~3MB less
memory than native version. They have long way to go before I
reconsider buying the licence. The system I discovered it on is
133Mhz Pentium, 64MB memory and runs -current, so it's enough slow
as it is, and the difference in linux-opera and native version comes
out very sharp.
--

Vallo Kallaste