Raisa Brokhshtut wrote:
Hello,
My old desktop has FreeBSD that I have never used. One of the friends of my son installed it long ago, but no one used that PC since then. Now I want to get rid of this program and to install Windows. Every time when I boot this PC it prompts for a user login which I don't know. This guy who intalled FreeBSD is not around anymore. Anyway, I would greatly appreciate if you would guide me how to uninstall that program. I don't have windows reskue cd. So I want to completly remove that FreeBSD from my PC and to install the Windows operating system from CD. Thank you Raisa

Insert the Windoze install CD and boot off it. When prompted, create an NTFS or a FAT slice covering the whole drive.

--

Rolf Nielsen