On 2003-03-06 22:06, Gerard Samuel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For the life of me, I cannot remember the command line program to
> take screen shots.  Its been a while.  If someone could remind me
> with a man page would be great.

There are quite a few ways.  ImageMagick that someone mentioned has an
`import' command.  The netpbm collection of image conversion tools has
xwdtopnm and pnmtopng:

        $ xwd -root | xwdtopnm | pnmtopng > desktop.png

I have also used xv(1) from the graphics/xv port to grab, crop and
convert parts of my desktop :)