On Wed, 5 May 2010, Chris Whitehouse wrote:

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

can you tell me two things:

nslookup rpt.bsdstats.org

and the contents of /var/db/bsdstats

I seem to have probs with mine too. I was under the impression that bsdstats was installed by default (in the base system?) so for a very long time I haven't installed it. Obviously I was wrong.

So I've just installed from ports then run:

muji2# /usr/local/etc/periodic/monthly/300.statistics -nodelay
fetch: http://rpt.bsdstats.org/scripts/getid.php?key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Connection refused
Posting monthly OS statistics to rpt.bsdstats.org

That one would be a result of the change(s) I made last night to deal with everything being recorded as 'Country == Panama' ... it waas a DNS change that took a bit to propogate out ...

But www.bsdstats.org/bt/countries.html is still showing only 3 FreeBSD in UK. Will it right itself later?

Can you send me your key? Its still showing just 3 FBSD, but that page has definitely been updating in #s, so not sure why it didnt jump to 4 ...

I did narrow down the view in the database from 3 mos to 'just this month' so that the country numbers do look accurate, but will re-extend things as time goes on with the cleaned up #s ...

BTW, I can't get the Ports Stats page on the website.

I'm going to have to look at re-enabling that one ... that table is so huge that processing it was killer ... I've since moved things to a much larger server, so will run some tests and get that back online ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scra...@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scra...@hub.org