Sorry to reply to my own post, but I realized I made a couple of assumptions.

First, the below mentions commands have to be issued on the FreeBSD box after
you ssh to it from the Open BSD box, and

second, you may be required to issue the

>xhost [the ip address of the FreeBSD box]

on the Openbsd box before sshing to the FreeBSD box, to allow the Xserver on
the OpenBSD box to allow X connections from the remote FreeBSD box.

I'm not certain that OpenBSD requires the xhost option the same way that
FreeBSD does, but given that OpenBSD has a more spartan security model than
FreeBSD's  own conservative implementation, an xhost command (or the OpenBSD
equivalent) is likely to be needed.

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT