On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 5:32 AM, Jonathan McKeown <j.mcke...@ru.ac.za> wrote:
> On Thursday 10 June 2010 14:06:46 Rob Farmer wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 4:24 AM, Matthias Fechner <ide...@fechner.net>
> wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > I suggest to block on the freebsd server the complete domain
>> > mpcustomer.com that should solve the problem.
>>
>> I haven't received any of the messages, but I think they are being
>> sent directly to list posters (not via the list) so FreeBSD can't
>> really do much about it. If mpcustomer.com refuses to deal with it you
>> can always try complaining to their upstream provider, taking the line
>> that since the messages are unsolicited and there is no way to
>> unsubscribe the practice is probably illegal.
>
> Well, yes, the message is being sent direct to list posters, but
> supp...@mpcustomer.com (or some address that's relaying to it) is presumably
> subscribed to the list (which I'm guessing was done maliciously), otherwise
> they wouldn't be receiving these messages.
>
> I know it creates work for the admins, but couldn't their address be
> unsubscribed and banned, given that they have been creating a nuisance for at
> least the last several weeks now?

They posted in a previous thread about this, saying they couldn't
unsubscribe under their address, ie. somebody is relaying mail to
them. They were told they need to provide headers so postmaster can
determine what address is subscribed. They never replied (at least on
list). I'm not an expert about such things but I think without their
cooperation there's no real way to tell who the relay is.

--
Rob Farmer