On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, Matthias Apitz wrote:

El d?a Sunday, October 17, 2010 a las 12:17:16PM -0600, Warren Block escribi?:

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010, Matthias Apitz wrote:

Any alternative netbooks outside Asus which run FreeBSD?

Of course.  The Acer Aspire models vary, but the D250 is nice.

Just to make sure: you mean the "Acer Aspire One D250" netbook? But this
seems to have a SATA hard disk, or are there models out with SSD?

Mine has a SATA drive, but there shouldn't be any reason it couldn't use a SATA SSD in that form factor. I should add that just over the last couple of days, my D250 has started to panic at random times. That's new, and I don't know what's causing it. Given that it was a scrap machine I repaired, it may be hardware failure.

In any case, it sells for around 300 euro (around USD 380) and seems to
be an alternative as getting my Eee PC 900 repaired for the same price

Now that the netbook craze is over, there are quite a few lightly-used ones for sale, often around $150 here. Look around before buying new. Relatively older models like the D250 may be better for FreeBSD, because they have Intel video that works with the accelerated xorg driver.