From:   "Alejandro Imass" <a...@p2ee.org>
Subject:        Re: need help with php.
Date:           20th October 2010 21:28

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Gary Kline <kl...@thought.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:42:36PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 5:34 AM, Alejandro Imass <a...@p2ee.org> wrote:
>>
>         Anyway,  thanks, Wash, for your cookbook backup commands.   ((See,
>         ***this***  is why I am not among the early adopters; it's why
>         I'm  still at 7.3, etc, etc.   ))
>
>         Anyway,  I'll try backing up and trying again,
>
>         gary

Yeah well, it's not so much the OS's fault here. I've said it before:
the PHP people are crazy and irresponsible with their upgrades. I have
never had these problems with Perl in the entire 5.x lifetime!!!

If you want to avoid future problems I'd drop PHP altogether. I ask
for appologies beforehand if this raises a language flame, but PHP
sucks in so many ways that it would just take me too long to write.
Use Perl.

Best,
Alejandro Imass