On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Jorge Biquez <jbiq...@intranet.com.mx>wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> A friend is asking me to help him to solve some problem he has in his
> servers. To some I would be able to connect using ssh, with other just it i
> snot possible. I remember that on the windows world there was a commercial
> software PCANywhere. He can have it but I am not sure if I would be able to
> connect to that from my Freebsd machine (of course not by ssh).
> What are you using for connecting to graphical interfaces of different OS's
> from FreeBSD?
> I tested some years ago a VNC software but did not work fine with MAC OSX
> (recently released by then).
> I know big security factors are involved for sure.
> Any suggestion on what to use, not to expensive or free?

If you're connecting to Windows clients, use RDP, not VNC.

/usr/ports/net/rdesktop
/usr/ports/net/freerdp

To X11 and other type clients, VNC.

You can use

/usr/ports/net/freenx and
/usr/ports/net/linux-nx-client/

for a better experience although I haven't gotten that portion working under
FreeBSD before.  Once it's setup though it's way faster than an equal
bandwidth/setttings RDP connection.

--
Adam Vande More