Quoth Gary Kline on Friday, 04 March 2011:

✂ snip ✂

>       it into my www/data/blog/* and extract.  My proposed site is
>       titled "...And miles to go before I sleep"; the blog directory
>       is, literally "blog".  (I posted a question on the forum about
>       where to change the author info and someone said it was
>       "www.home/blog/author/authorID" --IIRC.  I didn't understand the
>       answer.)

✂ snip ✂

        It's in the MySQL database.  You change it by going into the
        admin panel (www.home/blog/wp-admin) then go to the general
        settings (on the left sidebar, under "Settings" click "General"
        or navigate to www.home/blog/wp-admin/options-general.php).

✂ snip ✂

>       I just found the WP-3.1.zip file in my ~/Downloads directory.  I
>       had not looked.  On the WP.org forum I claimed to be running 3.1
>       rather than 3.0.4. Could have have nosed me somehow?  How
>       tightly integrated are the clients integrated with WordPress?
>       Another thin I don't quite get is whether this group in a
>       non-profit [.org] or a for-profit [.com].

        Wordpress.org is the site for the open source Wordpress project.
        It's where you download sources, and where everything's
        documented.  Wordpress.com is a site where you can sign up for a
        free account that they host.

        You might want to bookmark http://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page

✂ snip ✂

--