On 22 April 2011, at 21:28, Erich Dollansky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does the loader start?
>
> It looks to me that not even the loader loads. Is this true?
>
> Erich

I am not sure.  The last message is the timestamp from the original
distribution build.  Then is a line with just the '/' character that should
spin a bit.  It doesn't.

By playing around a bit I got it a bit farther.  I took one of the raid disks
and mounted it in a different system.  I did an install on it but without
changing the label other than to use all the disk.  Then I put it back in the
production system and booted.  It appears to retain the RAID characteristics,
but all I get is a '-' at the top left of the screen.  I then plugged in the
memstick image and booted from that.  Right after the last DOS window I pressed
F10 which took me to a FreeBSD boot  line with the default pointing to ad0.  I
used 0:ad(4,a)/boot/loader and it went on to the same point as before, but then
a bit farther.  I now see:

/boot/kernel/kernel text=0x8ffac1 |

The '|' normally spins a couple of times and moves on to the next section.
However, its hung there now.