On 03/13/12 19:54, Carmel wrote:
On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:59:45 -0500
Adam Vande More articulated:

Are you sure these devices aren't trying to connect to a DLNA
server?  Such need can be met by net/mediatomb or other port.

A couple of people have replied to this thread. The Samba shares are
configured correctly and are visible on my Windows based PCs. I have no
idea if the TVs are using DLNA. I never had to configure anything,
other than sharing the folders, on my Microsoft PCs, so am I to assume
that DLNA is always available on that OS? Anyway, I will try your
suggestion.

I have a Sony networked TV, and it definitely needs a DLNA server and is very picky about what formats are served. I'm not a Windows user but I have the impression Home or Home Premium versions of Vista/Win7 have DLNA support built in.

Alexander Leidinger has written a couple of blog posts on getting Sony TVs working with FBSD. Take a look at this and the related posts:

http://www.leidinger.net/blog/2011/09/15/sony-bravia-tv-dlna-formats/