   = From: Carmel
   Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2012 10= :39
   To: FreeBSD
   Subject: Re: Making Music / Video folde= rs on FreeBSD visible on HD
   TV
   On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:26:43 += 0000
   Arthur Chance articulated:

   > On 03/13/12 19:54, = Carmel wrote:
   > > On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:59:45 -0500
   >= > Adam Vande More articulated:
   > >
   > >> Are = you sure these devices aren't trying to connect to a
   DLNA
   > >&g= t; server? Such need can be met by net/mediatomb or other
   port.
   >= >
   > > A couple of people have replied to this thread. The S= amba shares
   are
   > > configured correctly and are visible on my = Windows based PCs.
   > > have no idea if the TVs are using DLNA= . I never had to
   configure
   > > anything, other than sharing t= he folders, on my Microsoft PCs,
   so
   > > am I to assume that DLN= A is always available on that OS? Anyway,
   > > will try your s= uggestion.
   >
   > I have a Sony networked TV, and it defini= tely needs a DLNA server
   and
   > is very picky about what formats ar= e served. I'm not a Windows
   user
   > but I have the impression Home = or Home Premium versions of
   Vista/Win7
   > have DLNA support built i= n.
   >
   > Alexander Leidinger has written a couple of blog = posts on
   getting
   > Sony TVs working with FBSD. Take a look at this= and the related
   posts:

   > http://www.leidinger.net/blo   g/2011/09/15/sony-bravia-tv-dlna-formats/

   I did some checking.= Win7, all versions, have support built into
   it.
   Apparently Vista and= WinXP were updated with support via the
   Microsoft
   Update system. I h= ave to admit, that does make for a very "user
   friendly" environment. = Obviously Microsoft anticipated user needs
   quite
   successfully. I have= several friends who have integrated their TVs
   with
   their home PC qui= te successfully and painlessly.

   I am still studying how to mak= e FreeBSD similarly "user
   friendly".
   Thanks for the link.

--
   Carmel