Tony wrote:
Hello!

As much as I love FreeBSD, I'm a bit alarmed by its webdesign / corporate
identity. Since FreeBSD is the world's best OS, I believe it should have a
design that reflects this. A design that is so neutral and stripped of any
unnecessary details that the user's attention is directed straight on to
the content as opposed to how the content looks. A design that you can look
at over and over without getting annoyed.

Since you seem to know so much about web design WHY don't you create your version for review and maybe acceptance if the community likes it?