On Sun, Apr 08, 2012 at 10:16:49AM -0700, Devin Teske wrote:
> On Apr 8, 2012, at 5:40 AM, Tony wrote:
> >
> > http://www.designcouncil.org.uk/
>
> It's like a punch-line almost.
>
> I admit to enjoying the "Helvetica Trailer" video linked-to above.
>
> I even admit to liking the proposed motto's.
>
> But I disagree with any sentiment that designcouncil.org.uk embodies
> the same clean lines and well-thought-out design that is being
> encouraged here. Most egregious is the mishmash of serif with
> sans-serif and misaligned content areas.

I thought maybe you were just being snarky here, but then I took a look
at the site.

I actually had a minimal "education" in design, once upon a time, and the
first thing I think when I see the Design Council site is "Was that thing
designed by children?"  It is nothing like what Tony suggests would be a
good approach to the design of the FreeBSD site, which is actually a good
recommendation for the design he suggests for the FreeBSD site.

Gawd, it's comically bad for something called the "Design Council",
unless you take the name as an ironic reference to the idea that design
by committee is a horrible idea.