On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Wojciech Puchar
<woj...@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
>> I am trying to introduce FreeBSD into my office and it's been looked
>> at with quite a bit of enthusiasm however, what makes it look bad is
>> our companies 'security' policy to block FTP.
>

> do you work FOR that company. Ask administrator to unblock if for you as you
> need it for work.
>
> Do you do your private things at worktime? Then stop it.

I do infact work for this company and additionally I am one of the
administrators of the company.

The information comes straight down from the IT director who will
**not** change his mind on this as I have asked several times in the
past.

Basically without getting too distracted and off-topic: I open the
ports on the firewall - tomorrow I am not employed anymore