On 02/04/13 13:03, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 19:53:40 +0100
mhca12 <mhc...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM, mhca12 wrote:
On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 7:31 PM, mhca12 wrote:
I have just installed 9.1 amd64 on a test machine and wanted
to install rsync. Is pkgng the right choice and if so is there
a handy guide how to get started or should I use pkg_add -r?

Is this any different for i386? It used to be that there's
no i386 pkgng repository.

I ran pkg and it fetched and setup pkgng. That was easy.

Is it possible that the November 2012 security incident means
there's still no installable packaged via pkg-install?
I was going to install rsync.

        I believe it is still the case that there is no official package
repository. I've gone to using poudriere to maintain a local pkgng
repository. Once set up (not too hard) it's remarkably painless.

I really think a message needs to go out on the announce list (as well as ports@ and questions@, others as appropriate) about the fact there is no official pkg repo at the moment. I'm constantly seeing emails about this on this list.
--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL http://copyfree.org/licenses/owl/license.txt