Regardless what server side language is chosen, it is important to read the documentation associated with the language. Any language can be insecure if used improperly. User input and considerations for attacks such as SQL Injection must be taken into account for any accessible web app on the internet.

Personally, I used C and PHP on my website as I found it to be simple. I am in the process of switching to Java technologies which are much more complex, but seem much faster.

Professionally I have to use .NET :(

Less arcane syntax to hide holes in, maybe?

I'd have no problem with the assertion that newbies writing php are
likely to produce less holes per thousand lines of code. However, I
think the OP was trying to cover too much territory with too few
sentences. (I do that myself a lot, so I'm not one to complain.)

Lucas Holt [EMAIL PROTECTED] ________________________________________________________ FoolishGames.com JustJournal.com

"The next generation of interesting software will be made on a Macintosh, not an IBM PC."

-- Bill Gates (unconfirmed quote)