Bill Campbell wrote:
On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 09:11:11PM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
        FreeBSD Question Answerer-
        First of all thank you for your help and time.  I have a question about
running a Samba server where the server is a FreeBSD machine and the client
is a Macintosh ibook running max os X. ...

I would think that NFS would be a better choice between two Unix systems than Samba.

Maybe. MacOS X has very well integrated Samba support into the Finder; Windows filesharing integration is/was a higher priority than NFS. NFS perhaps is easier to configure than Samba, though-- which might matter to the OP.

--
-Chuck