Hi Chuck, hi list,

Chuck Swiger wrote:

Joel Rees wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 09:11:11PM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[ ... ]
>> I would think that NFS would be a better choice between two Unix
>> systems than Samba.
>
> To which I might add that netatalk would seem to me to be a better
> option than Samba if the only client is a Mac.
>
> But then I've never done netatalk on freeBSD.

NFS is an entirely reasonable choice for filesharing against OS X; netatalk
would be a comparitively better choice for MacOS 9 and previous versions.
People who have laptops or other network roaming environments will probably
prefer Samba. [How's that for providing a fair slant on what each protocol is
well-suited for? :-)]

What about the resource fork of the mac files. Does NFS provide a transparent way to preserve the resource fork?

Best Regards
Jim Xochellis