Doug Poland wrote:

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 12:34:45PM -0400, Lucas Holt wrote:

I do understand the counter argument about blocking ips.. but i think thats frustration talking. Even if ip blocking is an improvement, it won't stop spam.

Agreed, does anyone know why requiring reverse DNS isn't "good enough"? I've asked both AOL and Time Warner but have received no response.

These Residential/Dynamic blocks are usually reversed. And they cause the vast majority of problems that originate in North America. Frankly, alot of people simply blacklist 24.* for this reason.

If your provider's mail servers suck, and they have blocks tagged as Dynamic, and you have no other options, it's time to make a deal with someone to relay your mail for you.

Adam