Since we began blocking servers with no reverse DNS we've been amazed at how many mail servers are setup with no reverse DNS. We've had several instances where we've been asked by the party being blocked how to fix the problem. Since I'm not a DNS expert all I've been able to tell them is to fix their DNS entry so they show up when we do an nslookup on them, which isn't very helpful but is about all I know to say.

It would be very useful if someone could explain or give instructions on how to fix this problem so we all could pass the info along to people who need to straighten out their DNS.

Does anyone have a document explaining such things handy they could share??

bp