Michelle wrote:

On Saturday, August 23, 2003, at 02:21 PM, Jens Rehsack wrote:

Michelle wrote:

[...]

Jens,
Thank you for the help. I did not have portupgrade installed and when I tried to run make in /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade I received the following error:
===> Installing for ruby-1.6.8.2003.04.19
===> Generating temporary packing list
===> Checking if lang/ruby16 already installed
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/lang/ruby16.
*** Error code 1
Is there another way I can fix my problem?

Hm, I don't know where this error comes from. Do you have write
access either to the ports tree or do you have DISTDIR and
WRKDIRPREFIX set properly? If not, see /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.ports.mk
for more details.

Can you e-mail the output of 'pkg_info' and 'ls -l /var/db/pkg/'?

I use sudo make and have not run into this problem before when installing ports. I don't know what could have changed to cause this problem. Here is the output from pkg_info:

sudo make what? Can you send output of 'df -ki'?

Jens