Louis LeBlanc wrote:
Hey all.  I've just installed the mplayer and mplayerxp ports for
video support.  I've never quite had it right with aviplay and
plaympeg, but I never quite understood why.

Well, when I run mplayer, I get the following:

CPU: Intel Celeron A Mendocino/Pentium II Dixon (Family: 6, Stepping: 0)
Detected cache-line size is 32 bytes
Compiled with Runtime CPU Detection - WARNING - this is not optimal!
To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with --disable-runtime-cpudetection

And mplayerxp gives the following:
CPU vendor name: GenuineIntel  max cpuid level: 2
CPU: Intel Celeron A Mendocino/Pentium II Dixon (Type: 6, Stepping: 0)
MMX supported but disabled
CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 0 MMX2: 0 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with features: 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE

So I'm confused as to whether I've got the best configuration for my
custom kernel. Is there a way I can discover the exact model of my
cpu without cracking the case? ....

Thanks!
Lou

Check x86info