Looks like you forgot to run mergemaster.

man mergemaster

Peter Elsner

At 03:48 PM 9/8/2003 +0200, you wrote:
Many thanks to everybody.
Of course, I have read the Handbook, but there are very "wide" solution, not
so specific as I tried to find. There is never said e.g. "Backup file
/etc/fstab" or "After installation mergemaster your previously backed
sendmail.cf with the new one to include your old changes". And I am so busy,
that I tried to find such very specific type of information. Yes, yes, yes,
it is bad idea to disturb you, but the list is the only "live" forum I have
found. Once again, thanks a lot.

However, I upgraded that machine and all works fine (finally the sendmail,
too). Except when I login, I get following errors (written twice):
Sep  8 08:35:01 ns login: ROOT LOGIN (root) ON ttyv1
Sep  8 08:35:01 ns login: no modules loaded for `login' service
Sep  8 08:35:01 ns login: pam_open_session: Permission denied

What is it ? Is it I have misconfigured pam ? And how can I repair it ?

Please, help.

Peter Rosa