On Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003, at 22:37 US/Eastern, Stephen Hilton wrote:

On 17 Sep 2003 22:16:58 -0400
Lowell Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Barry Hawkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

        My own research via Google showed several places I could try
to  download the problematic Samsung-SmartGDI-all-GS.tar.gz.  After
downloading the file in question several times from different
locations, including the FreeBSD ftp archives, I continued to receive
the same messages regarding checksum failures.
        I came across one person's workaround, and was able to use
that  <http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2003-July/
002738.html>.  However, there are several old postings in various
newsgroups about this problem, some dating back to October 2002.  Why
hasn't this MD5 checksum issue been corrected yet?  Is there another
dependent issue that justifies not fixing this?

If I fetch it right now, it fetches fine and matches the checksum. There's nothing wrong with the port -- the problem is in your system failing to get the file. Remove it, and let the ports system get it on its own, and I *suspect* that the ports system will get it right.

I ran into this problem also a while back, just deleted the distfile
"Samsung-SmartGDI-all-GS.tar.gz" and fetched it again. Problem solved!

Regards,

Stephen Hilton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks for the responses guys. It's odd to me that such a small file would have failed to download properly when so many others were downloaded during the same process without issue. I will chalk this one up to experience and (hopefully ;^) ) remember it for the future.

Regards,
--
Barry C. Hawkins
All Things Computed