On Friday, Oct 10, 2003, at 14:21 US/Pacific, Stephen Hilton wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:09:39 -0700
Kevin Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I believe 10.3 is going to introduce a "blessed" ports system, which
I'd imagine would immediately be adopted by Darwin.  Just FYI.

I have been following the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list for quite a while, and if this is so, then it is a pretty tightly held secret. Any reason to believe otherwise?

Don't really know how to answer your question. Yes, I believe a standard port system will be introduced with Panther, because I saw it as an annouced feature on one of Apple's pages. Yes, I believe that any such system "blessed" by Apple would carry a massive amount of impetus if it's reasonably effective. So, yes, I have reason to believe otherwise. I guess we'll find out in two weeks.

KeS