I'm writing a review of FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE and part of the review
entails outlining the significant differences between FreeBSD and
GNU/Linux (in a general sense).

These are the points that I plan on writing about:

Development philosophy
Development process
Delivery and installation of ported programs and packages
Cohesiveness of the kernel and the userland
The licensing

        Most of these I can handle on my own, but I'd like to add some official
comments from FreeBSD committers and contributors regarding development
philosophy and process. Also if you feel that I've left out something
important from the above list, please turn me on to it.
        Thanks for taking the time to respond to my request.

--
Jem Matzan
Editor In Chief, The Jem Report