Noah wrote:
FreeBSD 4.8-stable

I have about three different sources for making a drive bootable. well I have a machine with two drives and the second drive is an exact backup of the first. but I need to make the 2nd drive bootable as well since this drive will be plopped in if the first drive goes bad. any recommendations on how to do this?

Please send me to a good web tutorial if need be.

- Noah

Seems like a good candidate for RAID 1 mirroring to me. See my reply to your "backup drive scheme" message.

Jason