On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:24 am, Lewis Thompson wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 11:13:29AM +1100, paul van den bergen wrote:
> > is there a method (other than de-installing all pkgs and reisntalling)
> > to upgrade the ports or packages appropriately from 4.8 to 4.9?
>
> Not quite sure I fully understand, but you might want to take a look at
> portupgrade (portupgrade -a -f ;).  It's in ports/sysutils.
>
>   Best wishes,
>
> -lewiz.

Ta...  I'll give it ago...

in clarification....

if I upgrade from 4.8 to 4.9, will I also have to upgrade (by whatever method)
the applications running on the box? I.e. those that are not part of the src
tree?

for that matter, am I likely to encounter any issues with configuration files?
/etc/... and /usr/local/etc/... ???

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures