On Nov 19, 2003, at 1:21 PM, Feltis, Ralph C. wrote:

Ahh yes, I see how preparing an elegant solution would provide greater
flexibility. However, Cordula's solution (ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED] strings
somefile) is about a 15 second fix, whereas setting up a server is, well,
not so much a 15 second fix. Thanks for your all help guys.

This is something you could find in the Perl Cookbook (or even in the man pages, if I remember rightly).

Or you could do it really crudely and have a shell script that consists of "cat /some/text/file" set up in /etc/services and [x]inetd to spit out the information you want. Depends on how secure it needs to be or how involved you want to get.