On 26 Nov 2003 09:18:03 -0500
Lowell Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ion-Mihai Tetcu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I have a machine that randomly crashes. I wonder if lowering
> >
> > Variable         Default      Description
> > kern.filedelay   30           time to delay syncing files
> > kern.dirdelay    29           time to delay syncing directories
> > kern.metadelay   28           time to delay syncing metadata
> >
> > would help having a more up-to-date fs (using soft-updates).
>
> It might.  This may depend on *why* it's crashing, so I'd try
> attacking that problem first.

Whish I knew.  It's freezes (eg. no keyboard or mouse, replies to ping,
but no new shh sesions, etc.) It is problaly something software, as I've
changed almost everything on the hardware side. No drop to debugger,
nothing in logs. (I suspect *something* in the interupt code, I'll try
on 5.2when I'l have time).

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD user