Hi Tony,

I would use cvsup to update your ports tree.

You can use %make buildworld, to reinstall system
perl. Look in /etc/make.conf for NOPERL var to
unset accordingly to if you want to build it
or not.

You can also try to install perl from ports. Then
you can use %use.perl ports, or %use.perl system
To define which perl your system will use.

You can also try deinstalling some p5- modules.

Hope this helps,

Robert