Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:

On Wednesday 31 December 2003 15:48, Dany wrote:

I'v checked my kernel config and it had the "Options CD9660".

Beside the mounting problem as I said the user cannot use the linked
device (/dev/dvd) to just watch a DVD (not need for mounting, just
access to the device).

Can you post the system configuration files that you're using in order
to allow your users to mount CD drives ?

cale:/tmp# sysctl vfs.usermount vfs.usermount: 1

in /etc/devfs.conf:
perm    xpt0    0660
perm    pass0   0660
perm    cd0     0660
link    cd0     cdrom
link    acd0    acd0c

cale:/dev# ll cd*
crw-rw----  1 root  operator  -   4,  27 28 Dez 21:57:24 2003 cd0
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel     -        5 28 Dez 21:57:40 2003 cdrom -> cd0

Is your user in the correct group? (operator in my example)
Note: I'm using atapicam so you should consider cd0 as acd0

-Harry

This is pretty much what I've tried. My user is in the Wheel group. Would this exact configuration work ? Should I set any other permission in order to have the user from the wheel group to mount drives?

Thanks for posting your configuration.

PS: One thing I've noticed with this specific user, whenever he creates something the file/directory will show owner:username group:username.
I've used the command "groups" as well as chpass I think and they gave me only one group for this username... wheel. Why doesn't wheel appear as the group owner for stuff that username is creating ?

Thank you
Dany