dave wrote:
Hello,
    If this is a repeat message i apologize as i've been having email issues
lately.
    I've got two machines, both running 5.1 release. I'd like to do an
update on both of them to 5.2, and either current or stable. One machine is
significantly faster than the other so i'd like to do all the compiles on
it, then transfer the files to the other box. I need to do this with a
minimum of downtime as both boxes are critical.
Thanks.
Dave.

Dave - look into nfs exporting /usr/src and /usr/obj. then a simple buildworld, buildkernel (perhaps x2), then install everything. AND, please closely read /usr/src/UPDATING, there are some very important things there

--
"Yesterday upon the stair I saw a man
who wasn't there, he wasn't there

Jonathan T. Sage