I can't even log in without permission errors, yet all the files in my home directory are rob.rob permissions. I end up at the root directory where all homeless users end up

Nvidia video doesn't work. I downloaded the latest binary from Nvidia and I don't know where it went on my computer.

I'm just having a bad day. BTW Win XP is working flawlessly, just to rub it in. This is Dell 8600 laptop. I just needed to rant and complain. It will get figured out in time. I remember when I bought my Sony laptop I had a whole crop of similar problems.

Rob