Quoting "Loren M. Lang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 02:09:15PM -0500, Craig Reyenga wrote:
I've heard that Sony and Dell don't support UNIX permissions on their
proprietary hard drives. Stick with WinXP for now until a patch is committed
into the source tree.

I'm a little confused on how a hd from dell or sony could prevent unix permissions from working as any hd with store whatever kind of data you tell it, they no nothing about what that data means. The UNIX permissions are handled entirely in software. I've never heard of any kind of problem like this before, perhaps you could enlighten me?

If I'm not mistaken, he was joking.

Ken