Look in /var/log/messages to see if its complaining, look in $LOGILES/httpd-access.log to see if it is complaining, look in $LOGFILES/httpd-error.log and see if it is complaining. Generally its pretty good about telling you what is going on. If you left the httpd.conf file at most of its defaults it will have the apache documentation as the file is shows.

--Chuck