Chris wrote:
So far the nightly dat update works well - my real question is simply this -
Has anyone used this port? Is it really something that needs to be added since the majority of virii are Windows based.

I use ClamAV instead, but same difference. The overwhelming majority of virus are Windows-based, agreed, which means that virus scanning is really useful if you are using your machine as a mail server or as a fileserver to Windows clients.

You might find that doing the full system scan takes up a lot of resources for some time (possibly hours), but that probably only matters if you happen to want to use the machine for something else then.

--
-Chuck