Hey,

I did "make uninstall " in usr/ports/databases/mysql323-client. and than i gave the
command
portupgrade -NPRri mod_php4.

This time,  mysql-client-4.0.18_1 was installed and at the end of php installation i
got the following error:

---> Registering installation for mysql-client-4.0.18_1
----> Returning to build of mod_php4.4-3.4_7,1
Error: shared library "mysqlclient.12" does not exist.
 Do I have to manually copy that file into the system?If so, where can i get that file
and in which location in the system should i copy to?

I gave "pkg_info | grep mysql" and i got following results
mysql-client-4.0.18_1
mysql-server-3.23.51_1

Thanks again,
Naveen.

"Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
samy lancher wrote:

>mysql-client-3.23.58 is already installed or may be older version blah blah blah...
>you can uninstall and reinstall mysql blah blah blah ...to install correctly. If you
>really want to override without deleting use FORCE_PICG_REGISTER blah blah....
>
>I also tried to install php after doing "make clean" in
>/usr/ports/databases/mysql323-client but it did not help me.
>Any pointer would be very helpful. Thanks in advace.
>
>Thanks,
>Naveen.

"Make clean" doesn't uninstall the mysql client.
This simply cleans up the work directories that
were created during the build process, whenever
you did that...

"Make deinstall" will. Do a "make deinstall" in the
directory you named aboved and then try and
let portupgrade do its work.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.