On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 00:03:58 -0300
Augusto Jun Devegili <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 20:48, R. M. Los wrote:
> <snip/> 
> > Now with Gnome-2.6 upgraded (mostly OK, crashed
> > towards the VERY end...)
> <snip/> 
> > but none of the words, etc are
> > there!  The battery meter, when I click on it, only shows the "Do Not
> > Enter" ERROR box, no text and nothing else visible - again, no words,
> <snip/>
> 
> Same thing here (FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT, i386, gnome2-2.6.0). When I run
> gnome-background-properties (and *some* other Gnome applications), no
> text is shown. This behaviour seems to be related to Pango. These
> messages appear in the console:
> 
> ---
> Error reading modules file
> ** (gnome-background-properties:1054): WARNING **: No builtin or
> dynamically loaded modules
> were found. Pango will not work correctly. This probably means
> there was an error in the creation of:
>   '/usr/X11R6/etc/pango/pango.modules'
> You may be able to recreate this file by running pango-querymodules.
> ---
> 
> I ran pango-querymodules as root... to no avail. Permissions for
> pango.modules are:
> 
> f# ls -l pango.modules
> -r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  2078 Apr  5 10:46 pango.modules
> 
> and it contains
> 
> # Pango Modules file
> # Automatically generated file, do not edit
> #
> # ModulesPath = /usr/X11R6/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules
> #
> /usr/X11R6/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-arabic-fc.so
> ArabicScriptEngineFc PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc arabic:*
> /usr/X11R6/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-basic-x.so BasicScriptEngineX
> PangoEngineShape PangoRenderX common:
> /usr/X11R6/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-basic-fc.so BasicScriptEngineFc
> PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc armenian:* bopomofo:* cherokee:* coptic:*
> cyrillic:* deseret:* ethiopic:* georgian:* gothic:* greek:* han:*
> hiragana:* katakana:* latin:* ogham:* old-italic:* runic:*
> canadian-aboriginal:* yi:* braille:* cypriot:* limbu:* osmanya:*
> shavian:* linear-b:* ugaritic:* common:
> /usr/X11R6/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-hangul-fc.so
> HangulScriptEngineFc PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc hangul:*
> /usr/X11R6/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-indic-fc.so devaScriptEngineFc
> PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc devanagari:*
> /usr/X11R6/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-indic-fc.so bengScriptEngineFc
> PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc bengali:*
> /usr/X11R6/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-indic-fc.so guruScriptEngineFc
> PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc gurmukhi:*
> /usr/X11R6/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-indic-fc.so gujrScriptEngineFc
> PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc gujarati:*
> /usr/X11R6/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-indic-fc.so oryaScriptEngineFc
> PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc oriya:*
> /usr/X11R6/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-indic-fc.so tamlScriptEngineFc
> PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc tamil:*
> /usr/X11R6/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-indic-fc.so teluScriptEngineFc
> PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc telugu:*
> /usr/X11R6/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-indic-fc.so kndaScriptEngineFc
> PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc kannada:*
> /usr/X11R6/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-indic-fc.so mlymScriptEngineFc
> PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc malayalam:*
> /usr/X11R6/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-thai-fc.so ThaiScriptEngineFc
> PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc thai:*
> /usr/X11R6/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-hebrew-fc.so
> HebrewScriptEngineFc PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc hebrew:*
> 
> and
> 
> # ls /usr/X11R6/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules
> 
> pango-arabic-fc.so
> pango-basic-fc.so
> pango-basic-x.so
> pango-hangul-fc.so
> pango-hebrew-fc.so
> pango-indic-fc.so
> pango-thai-fc.so
> 
> I'm still looking for a solution to this problem.
> 
> Any ideas?
> 
> TIA and regards,
> 
> Augusto Jun Devegili
> 

Hi. Sorry to hop in late on this, but I just went through
this the other night on 4-stable. I ended up having to
force reinstall about half of the apps that required 
pango 1.4 to fix this. I think that it was because the other software
that's gnome dependant, but not 'hard-core' gnome, doesn't
realize that pango's moved until the app's reinstalled with the
new dependency, and doing neither a pkgdb -F or an '-fu'
(which I was saying quite a bit, btw), will fix the dependency
until a re-install.

just my .02. hth.

.c0m
_______________________________________________
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Reply via email to