On May 7, 2004, at 5:13 PM, Peter Schuller wrote:

Hello,

is there any hardware SCSI RAID controller that is fully supported in FreeBSD?
By "fully supported" I mean being able to monitor and talk to the controller
on a live system in order to initiate a rebuild on a replace drive and such.

Mylex/Adaptec seems to be a dead end,

If you build your kernel with Linux compatibility, then you can use the Linux command line (and probably the browser edition) of the Adaptec stuff for the aac based controllers like the 2200S.

The adaptec command line tools for the 2100s have worked pretty well for me

Chad

LSI's MegaRAIDs I'm not sure about.
Anything else out there?

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web: http://www.scode.org