FG> On Mon, 31 May 2004, hugle wrote:

>> The question in what machine do i need?
>> What CPU and how much of ram ?

FG> I set up a firewall for more than 300 users, a DMZ with a public webserver,
FG> webmail and MX on a PII-350MHz with 128 MB RAM.
dammit..
why then my users eats so much CPU?
look:
CPU states:  0.0% user,  0.0% nice,  0.8% system, 38.0% interrupt, 61.2% idle
Mem: 21M Active, 177M Inact, 133M Wired, 1228K Cache, 199M Buf, 1677M Free

I have only 61% idle ?
usualy i have ~50 idle..
now I have P4 2.4GHZ

maybe my setup is bad (kernel I mean)?