What I need is the part that comes after "konqueror"... i.e. which file to
open. And that's assuming Konqueror knows to start in "html mode" since the
file it's opening is html. I thought there might even be a way to specify a
"profile file (??)" to set window size & other options.

konqueror --help

might help.

konqueror --profile NameOfProfile yourhtmlfile.html

is pretty nice too. Especially if you save the profile with the window size
and other options that you want.

--mimetype text/html

might be required if you are having trouble kicking it in to html mode.

Also... there is a freebsd-kde list available for your kde-specific questions.