just got back from being sent on one of these myself !

there seemed to be quite a lot of emphasis on AIX and how it works with storage (IBM storage that is, ESS/Shark) and SAN (about 2 dozen commands specifically dealing with getting data relating to physical/virtual storage elements etc. etc.)

they also covered SMIT, the AIX management tool in some depth (it's a bit like a character based version of Webmin !!)

other than that, fairly common ground, some diefferences in the locations of certain config files etc. etc., but if you use SMIT then it's all transparent

_scott

arden wrote:
hi all

my company is sending me on an aix/rs6000 course next month Ive been
using Linux as my main OS for 2 years (thats when M$ went for good from
my home :) )and been "playing" with BSD for about 6 months

are there any fundamental differences i should be aware of before
admitting any knowledge of *nix

Arden