Josh Paetzel wrote:
I have a SMP system w/ Nvidia card. Trying to enable SMP while using the FreeBSD Nvidia drivers causes the system to lock up when starting X. If you look in the archives there are other people experiencing the same issue.

My workaround is to use an ATI card. :-/

Thanks for the reply...
Well, I will try to re-compile my kernel, enabling SMP and maybe try X.org's "nv" driver...If everything works, I will look in the archives (funny thing, I was looking at the archives about my Sound Card before sending the email, but I forgot to check about SMP and Nvidia Driver)...and maybe I will find some clues on how to use FreeBSD's NVidia Driver and enable SMP as well...if nothing comes out, maybe I will have to use "nv" driver...and wait if someone succeeds in using the FreeBSD NVidia Driver...

Thanks again for the reply...

Srot BULL