Morning Everyone,

Having only a dial-up connection at home, I try to download most of the
large files I need for FreeBSD at work. To date I have to sit down in front
of the pc, run portupgrade with the fetch only option and then note down the
url's and file names of the needed files. Of course when a large file comes
along (anything over 3 to 4 meg), after I note the details I press ctrl c to
interupt and move to the next file. Problem is this skips files. So the next
day, after I have fetched the files I noted at work and placed them in
distfiles, I run portupgrade again to discover I still need a whole stack of
files and the next day again, and the next day again, etc. It takes a few
days to fetch all files and is extremly tedious.

I was playing with Gentoo the other day and discovered that it has a pretend
option that prints out all the files needed and their urls (several for each
file). What a time saver!

I tried portupgrade with the -n pretend option to see how it worked.
However, it does not give url's and it seems to lists the version of the
port it is upgrading from rather than the version it is upgrading to.

Does anyone know if portupgrade provides such functionality?

Many thanks.

Ron